Hard Rock Evolution | Led Zeppelin

Posted by Allister Fiend in , ,

After all these years the song remains the same doesn't it? I won't get into arguments of whether or not Led Zepp is responsible for Hard Rock. The certainly are significant and they were the introduction to me.

My first taste of Led Zeppelin came while lying on a couch in Rowland Heights, California in 1978. My brothers and sisters were having a party and the radio was blaring "Stairway to Heaven." I remember this being a scary thing as I looked at the steps going upstairs in the condo.

When it was decided that hard rock was going to be my thing in the early 80's I revisited the works of Led Zepp. What was awesome about discovering a new thing (in this case a music genre) is that you have all this material to go back and have a look at. Records that were 10 years-old were new to me. Sure I knew the hits but in most cases there were at least eight songs I had not heard.

I find it funny that they are looked at as such an inspiration for an introduction to a new wave of music when they saw themselves as a Blues band inspired by American Blues.

So now we have a look at some of the early work of Hard Rock...

Immigrant Song (Live 1972)



Stairway to Heaven (Live-The Song Remains the Same)




tag: , , , , , , , ,

Led Zeppelin Official Site

0 comments

Post a Comment

Contributors

The long haired kid in the small Iowa town. "I dove into the 80’s Hard Rock head first…literally. In 8th grade I started letting my hair grow. I’ll be honest, the intentions were for a rat tail. Remember those? One strip of long hair hanging off the back as the rest was short? Yes, the rat tail was going to be my first rebellion tool against my mother. Then I realized it could be so much more. It was 1984..." The rest of the story...