Motley Crue Live | 1983 US Festival

Posted by Allister Fiend in ,

"It was the day new wave died and rock n' roll took over" - Vince Neil, in a famous quote regarding the overwhelming attendance on Sunday, "Heavy Metal Day", at the '83 US Festival. It set the single day concert attendance record for the US with an estimated 375,000 people.


Motely Crue
Sunday, May 29th 1983 (Heavy Metal Day)

Motely Crue was about to release Shout at the Devil on the world. A defining moment in Crue history. For many people this was their first exposure to Motley Crue and the music from Shout at the Devil.

Shout at the Devil



Live Wire



Knock'em Dead Kid




tag: , , , , , ,

0 comments

Post a Comment

Contributors

The long haired kid in the small Iowa town. "I dove into the 80’s Hard Rock head first…literally. In 8th grade I started letting my hair grow. I’ll be honest, the intentions were for a rat tail. Remember those? One strip of long hair hanging off the back as the rest was short? Yes, the rat tail was going to be my first rebellion tool against my mother. Then I realized it could be so much more. It was 1984..." The rest of the story...